A predetermined fee is charged for each type of procedure, thus providing a reasonably accurate estimate of your cost in advance.
The fee for the surgery center, the surgeon, and the anesthesiologist...along with laboratory tests or pathology ordered by your surgeon are separate. You will receive separate invoices from these entities.
- If your insurance requires special authorizations, referrals, or claim forms, please bring these completed forms along with your insurance card and all insurance information with you.
- You will be asked to pay deductibles and estimated co-insurance prior to surgery.
- If we are unable to verify your insurance you will be asked to make a deposit the day of surgery.
- Uninsured and/or cash patients will be required to pay for services the day of surgery by cash, check or money order.
- DISCOVER, VISA, AMERICAN EXPRESS and MASTERCARD are accepted.
- Patients who carry health insurance should remember that professional services are rendered and charged to the patient and not the insurance company.
You can expect help from the center's personnel in the following matters.
We will bill your insurance company as a courtesy. However, Portsmouth Ambulatory Surgery Center cannot accept responsibility for collecting your insurance claim or for negotiating a settlement on a disputed claim. You are responsible for any balance due and payment will be requested from you unless your insurace company pays within 60 days.
- We will cooperate with the third party carrier to the fullest in handling questions about your claim.
- We will provide you with status reports regarding your account in the form of monthly statements.
- In the event of any overpayment, we will promptly refund the amount of overpayment.
It is our hope that this mutual effort will result in your account being cleared in the timely way specified and in a way which is satisfactory to you.
If you have any questions regarding any of the preceding you are encouraged to phone the Business Office at (603) 433-0941